23 Best Smartphones for Seniors
There are a million different smartphone brands, models, and features available on the market today. It can be hard to know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together this post on how to choose the best smartphone for seniors. Whether you’re looking for internet-connected capabilities, offline use, or something sleek and lightweight… our buying guide has it all.
Which One is Better for Seniors? Smart of Regular Dumb Phone?
According to a Nielsen study, the average smartphone user is between ages 25 and 34. For a senior to be able to use smartphones easily there needs to be some degree of mobile familiarity.
It’s important to realize that there isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ mobile phone solution for seniors. If you’re looking for a simple-to-use phone, you may be better off with a basic feature phone or flip phone, which are easily navigable.
You also need to consider how often the phone will be used and how much data it will consume. By way of example, older consumers who only use their phones for calls may not need an expensive smartphone with high-resolution screens and apps.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a more complex device that will allow seniors to do things they couldn’t before, such as sending email or playing games then a smartphone may be right for them.
How to Choose the Best Smartphone (for Seniors)
Choosing the right device can be difficult because there are so many different types of smartphones on the market, each with unique features and benefits.
- Screen size -one of the most important factor to consider when choosing a smartphone for your aged loved one is the screen size. Bigger smartphones are better for seniors who have trouble seeing and interpreting small text on screens. If your loved one has trouble seeing, then search for larger screen sizes, like 5″ or larger.
- Price– Smartphones have dramatically more features than standard cell phones. There are a wide variety of smartphones you can choose from and each has unique features. If your loved one is on a budget, find a smartphone that can get all the basic functions they want and need.
- Memory– your loved one may take lots of pictures. If they keep their pictures on the phone, you need to make sure they have enough space in their smartphone to store those photos. If not, then consider buying an external memory card and teaching them how to move photos from their phone to the external memory card.
- Battery life-know what type of battery life your loved one has on their smartphone. One common complaint from seniors is having to recharge their phones every day. You can get an extended battery for smartphones which effectively turns a smartphone into a mobile power bank.
- Speakers– getting a phone with good speakers can be helpful to seniors who might be struggling with their hearing. Many smartphones like the iPhone have earphones or wireless Bluetooth options, which will help.
- Virtual Assistant- an AI assistant like Apple’s Siri or Google Voice will help seniors who are not familiar with the technology. You can get an app like Google Assistant or Alexa that will say the name of someone who calls and then tell you that they are calling.
Do You Need a Phone Protection Plan?
The short answer is that it depends. The long answer is that there are some great benefits to them, though they can often be expensive. In general, the phone protection plans do offer a layer of assistance and support in case your smartphone malfunctions or breaks due to accidental spills or drops. They will even cover theft and loss. All in all, it is up to you whether you want to purchase a plan for your new device.
The Best Android and iOS Smartphones For Seniors and Elders
If you’re an older adult or are looking for a gift for someone who is, you might be wondering which phone would be the best one to buy. That decision can seem overwhelming given how much choice there is.
We’ve created a list of the best smartphones for seniors, to make it easy for you to figure out which smartphone could work best with your budget and preferences.
Best Smartphones for Seniors
1. GreatCall Jitterbug Smart2
GreatCall Jitterbug Smart2 has been specifically designed for seniors, which is exactly why it belongs at the top of this list of smartphones for seniors. It has a 5.5-inch display with a 720p resolution. It’s equipped with a 1.5 GHz Mediatek 6738 chipset with a 2GB RAM, and it runs on the Android Nougat 7.0 operating system. This smartphone has limited internal storage of 16GB, but it can be expanded with a microSD card. It also has a pretty great dual-camera — a 13MP rear-facing camera and a 5MP front-facing camera.
In terms of size and display, it is perfect for seniors. The screen doesn’t glare or strain the eyes. The user-interface is extremely intuitive and all the important features like Email, Camera, Photos, Text Messages, and Phone are clearly (and in large size) listed out on one page. All the contacts are listed out on the other page. As such, seniors can easily navigate the phone to find whatever feature they’re looking for. So this smartphone doesn’t really have a large learning curve. It also features a Voice Typing feature so you can dictate notes and messages.
This smartphone is also ideal for seniors with hearing impairments as it is hearing-aid compatible. One of this smartphone’s best features is the pre-installed 5Star Service App. With this, the senior can press a single button to alert a National Academy of Emergency Dispatchers agent if they are under any emergency situations, either related to health or otherwise. You can also use the Urgent Care feature to be immediately connected to a professional nurse or doctor who is qualified to prescribe medications or give health-related advise over the phone.
From what I could tell, the biggest issue with this smartphone will be for left-handed seniors. When a call is coming in, you have to swipe right to accept or swipe left to send to voicemail. This could be simplified with simple Green Accept or Red Reject buttons. Swiping right might feel unnatural for some left-handed individuals.
Furthermore, while I appreciate that it’s compatible with hearing-aids, this phone’s ringing volume is too low for most seniors suffering from even slight hearing impairments.
Finally, the Airplane Mode in this phone is too easily accessible with a simple swipe and it leaves people incapable of handling critical functions like calling and texting. As such, a feature like Airplane Mode (that is not used too often), should not be so readily available in a smartphone for seniors.
2. Samsung Galaxy Note9
It is possible that you might not want a smartphone that has been specifically designed for seniors. In that case, you can go for Samsung Galaxy Note9. It is an extremely advanced smartphone that can be used by just about anyone, but it also has some features that can make it easy specifically for seniors.
This smartphone is extremely lightweight and has a large 6.4” display with 1440 x 2960 resolution. It is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset and a really decent internal storage of 128GB, which can be further increased with a microSD card. Furthermore, it also comes with a Samsung S Pen stylus that can be used to remotely click pictures or play music.
However, this smartphone’s best feature for seniors is “Easy Mode”. This is a mode that’s specifically geared for seniors and it essentially removes all the complex and superfluous features from the phone. It reduces the phone to three home screens — one for essential widgets like time and date, one for calling and 9 custom contacts, and one for up to 9 essential apps. As such, you can set up the phone to make all the essential contacts and features easy to access. All the superfluous apps and features can be accessed through a separate app drawer. You can also go out of this Easy Mode whenever you want.
Accessing Easy Mode is pretty simple. You have to swipe down from the top screen and go to Settings > Display > Easy Mode > Easy Mode > Done. With that, Easy Mode will be triggered and you’ll view a minimalist and simplified interface. You will have to set up your preferred contacts on your own, but that is also fairly simple. You just have to tap on the icon for the contacts.
In addition to Easy Mode, Samsung Galaxy Note9 also has a brilliant camera. It has a primary rear-end camera of 12MPs and a selfie front-end camera of 8MPs. As such, you can easily record clear videos or hold video calls with your family.
3. GreatCall Jitterbug Smart2 No-Contract Easy-to-use Smartphone for Seniors
This is a smartphone specifically designed for seniors. All designs and features aim to make it easier for even non-tech savvy seniors. The menu is straightforward (organizes apps in a single list), large fonts and icons, voice typing, pre-installed apps, easy-to-use 13MP camera with flash, built-in front-facing camera, user-friendly photo sharing feature, large 5.5 inches screen, mobile internet access, 5Star urgent response service, nationwide coverage, and more. Most of these features are only available on the GreatCall Network. You’ll need to go to GreatCall’s website or call them to activate these features. More information is available on GreatCall how-to cards and videos.
Next to their user-friendly interface, the 5Star urgent response service is one of Jitterbug’s best selling points for seniors. This feature will allow seniors direct access to IAED-Certified Agents that are available 24/7. Many Jitterbug users availed of this service. They received referrals to the right urgent care providers whether it be a doctor or a nurse. Jitterbug Smart2 also features a Lively Link App, a caregiver app that sends health and welfare updates to designated family and friends. Lastly, the Lively Rides feature will allow users to get a ride from the ridesharing company Lyft by just pressing “0”.
4. Samsung Galaxy Note9 N9600 128GB Unlocked GSM Duos Phone w/Dual 12MP Camera
This refurbished unit from the official Samsung Store looks and works somewhat like new. It has all the features of a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note9 but at a more affordable price and few minor cosmetic flaws. Several of these features and specs include a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display screen, an S Pen, 128 GB of internal storage, 6 GB RAM, dual 12 MP camera, dual SIM (GSM Duos), 4G LTE, 4,000mAh battery capacity (may be reduced), Dolby ATMOS and UHQ upscaling for the audio. Note that with this refurbished unit, not all features on the official specs sheet may be present.
When it was first released, the Galaxy Note 9 was a premium flagship model. This is one of the best choices for a balance of high specs, high-performance, high functionality, and high cost-effectiveness. It may not be a practical first Android phone for a senior, though since it has advanced features and functionality that may be unnecessary for someone just learning to use a smartphone.
The S Pen is perhaps the most usable feature for seniors. This stylus is a fixture on all Galaxy Note models. It allows users to access remote control functions and note-taking capabilities. You can create handwritten notes, scribbles, sketches, and personalized messages. And don’t worry, the Galaxy Note 9 isn’t dainty. The exterior is brushed metal while the screen and backplate are Gorilla Glass. It’s also IP68 water and dust-resistant.
5. Apple iPhone 7 Plus
All Apple iPhones are, generally speaking, pretty user-friendly and suitable for seniors. The Apple iPhone 7 Plus is one of the best iPhones for seniors because it has an excellent camera, display, and performance.
It has a 5.5” display screen with a 1920×1080 resolution. The screen has an antireflective coating to prevent glares and minimize reflections in direct sunlight. This prevents the display from straining your eyes. It is also equipped with a brilliant dual-camera — a 12MP rear-end camera and a 7MP front-end camera. Furthermore, if your relatives and friends also use iPhones, you can use FaceTime to easily video chat with them.
However, the best aspect of this iPhone for seniors is the availability of a wide range of accessibility features. With VoiceOver, the phone starts narrating everything on the screen so that you can use the phone even if you can’t see it clearly. You can also trigger the Braille feature to be able to read without seeing the text, which is perfect for visually-impaired seniors. With the Zoom feature, you can magnify parts of the screen to see them more clearly. If you trigger the Magnifier, it increases every aspect of the display, including the font and icon sizes. And you can also use Siri to provide voice command or dictation for texting and navigation.
All of these features make Apple iPhone 7 Plus one of the best smartphones for seniors, especially those with visual or hearing impairments.
6. Apple iPhone 6
Apple iPhone 6 is a great alternative to the aforementioned 7 Plus if you want an iPhone that’s more affordable. This iPhone has a 4.7” screen with a 1334×750 resolution. The display also has a multi-touch IPS LED-backlit that minimizes all glares and reflections to facilitate ease of use without straining the eyes. It also has an excellent battery life that can provide up to 10 hours of battery with regular use and 250 hours of standby time. It also has an excellent dual camera with an 8MP rear-end camera and a 1.2MP front camera. The front camera isn’t very clear, but it’s good enough for FaceTiming with family.
In addition to these specifications, this phone has the trademark iOS user-interface — clear and simple. When you purchase this phone, it will run on iOS 8. However, once you upgrade it to the latest iOS, you’ll gain access to all of the accessibility features available in the aforementioned Apple iPhone 7 Plus. You’ll be able to trigger Screen Magnification, Voice Over, Braille, Zoom, and all other features meant for visually-impaired seniors.
The only issue is that you’ll only be able to access those features after you upgrade to the latest OS by connecting your phone to the internet. Furthermore, these features are all available deep in the Settings so you’ll need to engage in a bit of learning to figure out how to enhance your own user experience.
7. New Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max (128GB, Pacific Blue)
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max is a top-of-the-line iPhone model. It’s a relatively new release with all the flashy features, but at its core, it’s a reliable and durable smartphone that is perfect for all ages. Features that are perfect for seniors include the Ceramic Shield (a tougher and more durable upgrade to the smartphone glass), an IP68 water-resistant build, a pro camera system (12MP ultra-wide back camera and 12MP TrueDepth front camera with night mode), 6.7-inch Super Retina XDR display, 128 GB storage capacity, and MagSafe accessory support for faster wireless charging. There are more advanced features but these are the ones that make iPhone 12 Pro Max senior-friendly.
The iPhone 12 Pro Max also has an excellent screen-on time, including up to 20 hours of video playback, up to 12 hours of video streaming, and up to 80 hours of audio playback. It’s an excellent high-end iPhone option for seniors.
One major complaint about this iPhone 12 listing is that it is locked to a Cricket Wireless monthly auto-renewed stored value card subscription. Purchasing this unit means that you’ll also be purchasing a SIM kit and a carrier subscription.
8. (Refurbished) Apple iPhone 8, US Version, 64GB, Gold – Unlocked
Refurbished and unlocked, this Apple iPhone 8 unit looks brand new and comes with all the basic features but generic accessories. A refurbished unit like this is advantageous for its cheaper upfront cost. It’s important, though, to manage your expectations. One of the most common non-cosmetic disadvantages is the decreased battery capacity. Most units like this refurbished by the Amazon Renewed Store only have around 80% battery capacity. Brand new iPhone 8 units’ battery capacity is around 1,821mAh which is not a lot considering the decreased capacity, but it’s still adequate for casual use.
This is still a good deal, though, especially with the iPhone 8’s features. It’s the first iPhone model with a durable glass front and back, dual cameras, 64 GB internal and 256 GB flash storage; 4.7-inch widescreen, multi-touch IPS display, and more. iPhones, undeniably have the best cameras in the market. And for a senior that is fond of video calls with family, the 12-megapixel 4k back camera and the 7-megapixel front camera will be more than adequate.
One of the most important advantages of refurbished smartphones like this iPhone 8 is that it’s locked to a specific carrier. This unit is compatible with AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Cricket, US Cellular, Metro, Mint Mobile, Tracfone, and more. Note that you’ll need to purchase a sim card separately. Also, make sure to verify compatibility with your carrier before purchasing. Service activation is straightforward even for seniors, but assistance may still be necessary, especially for those without experience in activating an iPhone or connecting to a WiFi network.
9. NOKIA G10 Android 11 Unlocked Smartphone
The NOKIA G10 comes with an Android 11 operating system and all the latest bells and whistles that only a modern phone can offer. It’s a sleek device that features advanced imaging modes, a family-sized battery power to keep going as long as you need it to, with up to 3 days of life with each charge, 32GB memory built-in and up to 512 GB expandable memory storage capacity so you never run out of space.
This smartphone has a 6.52-inch touchscreen display that’s easy to read. The display has a high resolution to ensure you can read the text on your phone, books, magazines and emails. The display also comes with an auto-brightness feature that keeps the screen nice and bright even in low light.
It comes with an unlock-instantly feature using either side fingerprint sensor or face recognition. It has automatic security updates. The NOKIA G10 is also compatible with most GSM carriers.
This is a great phone for seniors with all the latest features without being too complicated to learn. Your parents can take photographs, video chat with you, send emails to their grandkids, listen to music and play games on this phone.
10. TCL 20 SE 6.82″ Unlocked Smartphone
The TCL 20 SE has everything seniors need with an Android 11 operating system, 6.82-inch V-notch display, 90% screen-to-body ratio and 20.5:9 aspect ratio for optimum viewing. The main camera is an intelligent 48MP AI Quad, with 5MP wide-angle camera + a 2MP macro camera + a 2MP depth camera, shooting high-definition images.
This device has a rear camera with 5 megapixels so they can take clear photos and selfies, along with a super wide-angle lens that’s perfect for group photos. It comes with a powerful battery that lasts up to 17 hours. It sports a dual speaker that helps the user to hear the caller clearly.
The cinematic visual experience gives seniors a better way to watch videos and view pictures than on most smartphones.
Since this is an Android 11 operating system, it allows seniors to use apps from the Google Play Store with 4GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, up to 265GB memory storage capacity with a microSD card. It is compatible with most GSM carriers, so seniors can use it when traveling. It’s not compatible with any CDMA networks.
11. MOTO E Android 10.0 Single SIM Smartphone
MOTO E is a unique, affordable unlocked smartphone made to help seniors lead more active lifestyles. The phone’s 6.2″ max vision display stretches from edge to edge and can be used with one hand. Features include:
- An ultra-wide screen, which automatically adjusts to maximize visibility by increasing letter-size or changing font style for optimal readability.
- You’ll enjoy snapping beautiful close-ups or backgrounds with the 13MP dual camera.
- There are 32GB, 64GB and 128GB memory options and the phone is available in blue, black or white.
- It’s compatible with AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon networks.
- This smartphone has a 3550 mAh battery that provides up to 2 days of use (based on average mixed use).
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor delivers ultra-responsive performance, powered by the Android 10 operating system.
- The water repellent nano-coating protects your phone from splashes and accidental spills.
12. MOTOROLA ONE 5G ACE Advanced Water Protection Smartphone
The MOTOROLA ONE 5G ACE is the latest in Motorola’s powerful lineup of smartphones. This phone features a large, full HD max vision display that provides crisp visuals and an immersive viewing experience. It is powered by the innovative Qualcomm Snapdragon 750 processor, which is 20% faster than other processors and 10% faster than the Snapdragon 835. The smartphone runs on Android 10.0.
With a 48MP back-facing camera, you can capture sharp, detailed photos in any situation, including low-light conditions. The ultra-wide angle lens lets you capture even more. In addition, you’ll enjoy an amazing front-facing camera with a 16MP sensor.
The device has a 5000mAh battery with a Quick Charge 3.0-compatible fast charger. With a screen size of 6.7″, the device is designed to provide a maximum viewing area. The device also has innovative water resistance.
This device features a 6 GB RAM memory to ensure its top-notch performance. In addition, it has a 128 GB storage capacity. The Moto One 5G Ace is compatible with AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon networks.
13. BLACKVIEW BV5500 PLUS 4G LTE Waterproof Smartphone
The BLACKVIEW BV5500 PLUS is a new smartphone with an Android 10 PIE operating system. The phone also has a full rubberized body to prevent scratching and damage if dropped. It is an economical device with functions such as shatterproof gorilla glass as well as being dust-resistant. It also possesses dual sim dual standby.
The screen size is 5.5 inches, which fits into one hand comfortably and it has a resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels, to provide excellent quality images. The device is equipped with a quad-core processor clocked at 1.5GHZ coupled with 3GB of RAM which ensures that both the gaming and multitasking experience for users is smooth.
The phone also has a dual camera set up. It has an 8MP camera at the rear end, which captures high-quality images in different lighting conditions. It also comes with a 5MP front-facing camera. It also provides users with a 4800mAh battery that enables the device to run for hours.
The waterproof feature protects the device from shocks, water, dust and snow.
14. NUU B15 4G LTE Unlocked Android Smartphone
The NUU B15 is a high-end Android smartphone that offers an unprecedented user experience through some of the latest technological innovations. With a screen size of 6.78 inches, the NUU B15 is one of the thinnest smartphones available today. Some features are:
- An impressively bright 480 display with a 95% screen-to-body ratio and a 90Hz refresh rate for smooth scrolling.
- The chip is incredibly powerful with 2.2 GHz frequency and 1.8 GHz frequency for better performance.
- It’s also equipped with a 4 rear camera which includes a 48-megapixel telephoto lens and a 5-megapixel wide-angle lens.
- The NUU B15 comes with 4GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage which is enough space for installing hundreds of apps and games and it has a microSD card slot that allows the memory expansion up to 1TB (it supports cards up to 256GB with a speed of ~275MB/s).
- It’s compatible with T-MOBILE and MVNOS.
15. ONEPLUS 8 Glacial Green Android Smartphone
The ONEPLUS 8 is an unlocked 5G smartphone with an Android 10.0 operating system, and high-speed 5G connectivity so you can enjoy fast downloads and lightning-quick streaming. The screen of the phone is 6.55 inches.
With a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels and a 90hz refresh rate, scrolling through apps or pages is quick and easy. Two cameras round out this phone. The front camera is 16MP and the main rear 48MP camera is a combination of both wide-angle and telephoto lenses.
With a 5G connection, you will no longer have to worry about your data connection not working. You can download or stream pretty much any type of content. The phone is powered by a high-end Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor with a 3/2.3 GHz clock speed, and Adreno 640 GPU.
It has a smart-assist that is designed to be said out loud for hands-free use, and it has Alexa built-in so you can use your phone beyond being just another gadget in your life. In addition to the standard 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage, the ONEPLUS 8 can take advantage of up to 512GB microSD card for extra room. With ultra-low power consumption thanks to its 4250mAh battery, you can keep using your phone whenever you want without having to recharge.
16. ONEPLUS 9 PRO Morning Mist 5G Android Smartphone
The ONEPLUS 9 PRO 5G comes with a 6.7″ QHD+ display, 12GB RAM and 256GB storage, and it’s powered by the latest Android 11 operating system. The 9 PRO also has a camera that blends two 48MP cameras for better low light pictures and sharper pictures in general.
The 48MP rear camera features a telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom with half-inch sensor and an f/2.4 aperture. The main camera has an ultra-wide lens with 1x optical zoom and an f/1.6 aperture.
The ONEPLUS 9 PRO comes with a huge battery capacity of 4,000mAh for all-day power. It can charge your phone from 0% to 60% in as little as 20 minutes. The smartphone also has a front-facing pop-up camera that allows you to take selfies.
It’s powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor and comes with 12GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. It has a smart-assist that is designed to be said out loud for hands-free use, and it also has built-in Alexa.
17. ULEFONE NOTE 11P Android 11 Smartphone
The ULEFONE NOTE 11P is a high-end Android smartphone with powerful specifications. This phone has a 6.55-inch screen which features a 3040×1440 resolution and can display 4K HDR content. Features include:
- An 8MP wide-angle lens, 2MP macro camera, and 2MP sub-camera on the front of the device.
- The back of the phone holds a 48 MP Samsung AI quad camera which is capable of capturing pictures with excellent photography.
- The device runs on Google’s newest Android 11.
- It comes with 8GB RAM & 128GB ROM along with a microSD card slot which supports up to 1 Tb of memory expansion.
- The phone features a huge 4400 mAh battery that can last all day long.
- It also has a dual sim card slot, face-unlock and fingerprint ID.
- This phone can be used on AT&T, T-mobile, and MetroPCS.
18. SAMSUNG GALAXY A52 5G Factory Unlocked Smartphone
The SAMSUNG GALAXY A52 has a special edge-to-edge display that makes it a great looking phone. With the 5G network up and running, users will be able to enjoy the speed of 5G, which is 1.3 faster than 4G LTE speeds. The 5G connectivity will allow users to get ultra-fast internet downloads, as well as faster streaming video, and a more enhanced gaming performance.
The display has a resolution of Full HD +. You’ll be able to enjoy every feature in your favorite apps and games without any interruptions.
With this model, users will be able to shoot super high-resolution photos, with 64MP at their disposal. The rear camera is capable of shooting ultra-stable video with OIS, as well as rich and vibrant portraits with its 32MP front camera. This model’s camera also lets you shoot a perfect selfie, with a self-timer.
The Galaxy A52 has 128GB internal storage and allows for up to 1TB of storage with its MicroSD card. Due to its 4500 mAh battery, the device allows users to enjoy long-lasting use between charges. It is dust resistant and also water-resistant, so users will be able to use it in any weather.
19. OUKITEL C22 Unlocked Smartphones
The OUKITEL C22 is built to last with a body made of aluminum and reinforced by tempered glass 2.5D curved glass. This phone packs some serious power with its MT6761 1.8GHz processor and 4GB of RAM. The 19.9:9 HD+ full screen is perfect for watching movies thanks to its 5.86-inch size and 0.6mm slim bezels.
The device comes with 128GB of storage, which can be expanded up to 256GB thanks to the micro SD card slot. There is another tray that allows you to add up two Nano sims or one Nano sim and one Micro SD card which is great if you are traveling internationally.
The camera on this device is decent for an entry-mid range phone: it has a Sony IMX E8300 13MP lens with f/1.8 aperture and dual-glass lenses which helps reduce lens flare.
The OUKITEL C22 has an 8MP front-facing camera with an f/2.0 aperture that is used for selfies and video calling. The camera features a flashlight making it perfect for those times when you’re taking selfies in dark conditions. This phone runs on Android 10 and has face ID + fingerprint security.
20. UMIDIGI MP02 Power 5S Unlocked Smartphone
The UMIDIGI MP02 is a 5.99″ water-drop shaped smartphone that has all the power and functionality of a high-end device, but at an affordable price. With a 3D unibody design, its anti-fingerprint texture offers you enhanced durability too. Some of its features are:
- The 20:9 cinema-grade display comes with an HD+ display (1600 x 720) for enhanced visuals.
- The phone has 4GB ram + 32GB ROM which can be expanded up to 256GB via a dedicated microSD expansion memory card.
- With the enormous 6150mAh battery & fast charging 10W it can provide you many hours of talk time and 6 days standby when idle.
- There is a 16MP main camera and 8MP ultrawide angle camera(120° ultra wide-angle lens).
- This phone features an in-display fingerprint scanner.
- It comes with a dual sim + dedicated micro SD slot, which allows you to use 2 sim cards at once.
- It uses the Unisoc T310 high-performance processor, which offers an immersive experience, smooth gaming and video streaming.
21. APPLE iPHONE 13 PRO 128GB Locked Phone
The APPLE IPHONE 13 PRO has a 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR display which is highly responsive and cinematic—with a shallow depth of field that can focus automatically and 12MP telephoto, wide, and ultra-Wide cameras with a pro camera system. The 3D LiDAR scanner can scan your surroundings in quick bursts. It also has a range of 6x optical zoom for macro photography and offers 4K Dolby Vision HDR or Apple ProRAW recording for low-light situations.
Inside, is a new A15 Bionic chip, which is up to 50% more powerful and includes a Neural Engine that can process twice as many computations per clock cycle. This device also packs 5G capable connectivity.
The outer design is similar to the iPhone 11—with a glass front and rear with rounded edges and a stainless steel band and a Ceramic Shield, which makes it extremely durable.
It also features cinematic mode which lets you watch movies at the closest possible experience to the cinema.
22. APPLE iPHONE 11 PRO Locked Phone
The APPLE iPHONE 11 PRO with a 5.8-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display delivers the highest-quality screen in a fully integrated phone. Triple cameras provide an ultra-wide, wide and telephoto lens for stunning photographs and videos. Face ID unlocks your phone in a fraction of a second and securely authenticates access.
The A13 Bionic chip features an improved neural engine that delivers up to 4 times faster processing of tasks making it easier than ever before to communicate.
This device is definitely the most attractive iPhone out there with its 5.8″ super retina display with a resolution of 458 PPI and full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution display. The screen is awesome and easy to see without straining your eyes.
The design of the phone is great and it’s so thin and light that you can carry it around in your pocket. It’s water-resistant and dust resistant. The phone is black in color, so it looks very sleek and professional.
23. APPLE iPHONE 11 Renewed US Version 128GB Unlocked Phone
The biggest differentiating factor in the iPhone 11 is the Liquid Retina LCD display. The 6.1″ screen size, as opposed to the 5.8″ screen in previous models, brings a larger screen for viewing photos and videos. While the iPhone 11 isn’t fully curved, it does have an upgraded design with a thinner bezel to help maximize screen space compared to earlier models. Features include:
- In this model, Apple has introduced a superwide camera that is able to capture ultra-wide shots and also create a cinematic video in 1080p HD resolution at 24 frames per second.
- The dual camera system also creates portrait mode photographs at faster speeds and better quality.
- The A13 Bionic processor can also capture AR (Augmented Reality) images in real-time.
- Apple has created a “Depth Control” feature that allows users to adjust the depth of field after taking photos. This feature is similar to apps such as PortraitPro which allow users to adjust depth of field after taking their photo.
- The iPhone 11 is also completely water and dust resistant, increasing the phone’s durability in extreme weather conditions.
- The phone has a “Face ID”, allowing users to unlock their device by simply looking at it.
- This is unlocked and compatible with any carrier of choice on GSM and CDMA networks.
Smartphones for Seniors Buyer’s Guide
If you’re considering buying a smartphone for seniors, you need to focus specifically on the following factors.
The first thing you need to consider is whether to get an Android smartphone or an iPhone. Both of them have their distinct sets of advantages and drawbacks.
- Android: There are hundreds of different Android smartphones on the market from various developers and companies. These are popular for all their customization features and versatility. However, seniors often report that they get confounded by all the options available on most Android phones.
- iOS: All Apple iPhone run the iOS operating system. They are known for having minimal and simplistic features with a clean user-interface. They don’t feature a lot of customization options. Furthermore, the latest iOS phones are also equipped with a wide range of accessibility features that can make it easier for seniors to use them.
For seniors who have certain hearing impairments, you need to get smartphones with a loud ringing volume. Some smartphones for seniors are specifically designed with extremely loud volumes. Additionally, you should also consider vibration levels so seniors may feel the vibrations even if they can’t hear the ringing.
Most modern smartphones feature touchscreens as that can ensure the screen remains large. However, certain seniors have trouble using touchscreens. In that case, you should get a smartphone with a QWERTY keypad.
A front-facing camera is an important feature in smartphones for seniors since it allows them to video call their relatives and friends often.
You need to strike the right balance. If the screen is too large, you might have trouble carrying it around. If it’s too small, you might have to squint really hard to see details onscreen. Generally speaking, a smartphone with a 5” screen is ideal for seniors.
Some smartphones for seniors come equipped with a single emergency button. Pressing that button will immediately send a call to a contact of your choosing. As such, in case of emergencies, you won’t have to struggle to find the right contact.
Some of the latest smartphones come equipped with various features meant to enhance the phone’s usability amongst senior citizens.
- Closed Captioning: This feature automatically captions all the videos seen in the smartphone. If you’re hard of hearing, this is a pretty useful feature.
- Icon Size: Some smartphones come with Magnifying options with which you can increase the smartphone’s icon size and font size. This will instantly make the display clearer and larger.
- Voiceover: This feature makes it so that all the available options on the screen are narrated to you. As such, you can navigate the phone even if you can’t see clearly. This feature is pretty useful for those with visual impairments.
- Voice Commands: Modern smartphones can be controlled via voice commands. This can save you a lot of time. Instead of typing long notes or messages, you can simply dictate the messages. And you can also use these voice commands to navigate the phone or surf the internet.