A Day in the Life of a Gerontological Nurse
BAGNC YouTube Contest - Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Entry Constitutes Agreement to be bound by the Official Rules.
By entering the Contest, each participant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the American Academy of Nursing (AAN), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. No exceptions or substitutes will be made.
The purpose of this YouTube Contest is to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the John A. Hartford Foundation’s Building Academic Geriatric Nursing Capacity (BAGNC) program, an initiative of AAN..
Contest Sponsor -
John A. Hartford Foundation
Founded in 1929, the John A. Hartford Foundation is a committed champion of health care training, research and service system innovations that will ensure the well-being and vitality of older adults. Its overall goal is to improve the health of older adults by creating a more skilled workforce and a better designed health care system. Today, the Foundation is America’s leading philanthropy with a sustained interest in aging and health.
The Contest is coordinated by the American Academy of Nursing (AAN) Coordinating Center 1000 Vermont Street, N.W., Suite 910, Washington, DC 20005. Any questions can be directed to Faswilla Sampson at (e-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org or (telephone) 202-777-1173.
BAGNC Contest Theme
A Day in the Life of a Gerontological Nurse
Official Contest Dates
April 19th: The Contest officially begins
October 15th: The deadline has been extended. Submissions must be received by 12 AM (ET)
November 1st: Winners announced
To be eligible participants must be:
- A legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
- 18 years of age or older.
- Nurse (RN) or student(s) enrolled in a U.S. School of Nursing program
Directors, officers, and employees of the Hartford Foundation, the BAGNC program, and AAN are not eligible.
Participants must create an original video lasting no longer than 2 minutes responding to the prompt: “A Day in the Life of a Gerontological Nurse"
Participants can respond to the phrase in many ways. Examples include, but are not limited to:
Why did you choose to be a gerontological nurse?
What does a day in the life of a gerontological nurse look like to you?
What does a day in the life of a gerontological nurse mean to you?
What is gerontological nursing's role in aging?
Why is gerontology important?
Why should the public pay attention to aging issues?
- Participants can respond either in a personal or scholarly manner, or both. Be creative! However, any entry not responding to the prompt “A Day in the Life of a Gerontological Nurse” will be ineligible for judging.
- Both individual and group submissions are allowed. The group must designate a primary contact person; only one (1) video per person or group allowed.
- Participants must use the phrase "A Day in the Life of a Gerontological Nurse" in their video.
-Participants may not use the names of the Hartford Foundation, AAN, or the BAGNC Program without the prior written consent of AAN.
Panel: A panel of nine judges consisting of professors specializing in gerontological nursing, communication specialists, and representatives of the Hartford Foundation will judge each video and select the winners based on the following criteria.
Accuracy of aging and nursing content
Extent to which message is consistent with theme of contest
Clarity of message for a lay audience
Creativity in how the story is told
Creativity of visual presentation
The decisions of the Contest Judges will be final and binding. AAN and Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any entry at any time which, in the program's opinion, endangers the safety or well being of any person or fails to comply with the Official Rules. The winner and runners up will be notified by e-mail and will be announced on the BAGNC website. The top three entries will be showcased at the BAGNC Leadership Conference in New Orleans November 17-19th, 2010.
A total of 3 prizes will be awarded:
• First place (1 prize): First place winner receives a 3-day trip to attend the 2010 Anniversary Leadership Conference where the top three videos will be showcased. The trip consists of: coach air transportation to/from a major airport near the winner’s U.S. residence and Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport; local transportation between the Airport and the Leadership Conference hotel; and standard hotel accommodations (one room) for 2 nights. Approximate retail value of the trip is $1,270, but may vary depending on the winner’s point of departure and airfare, hotel and other price fluctuations. In addition the winner will receive $ 1,000.00. In order to receive the first place cash prize the winner must attend the Leadership Conference
• Second place (1 prize): $500 cash prize along with video shown at BAGNC Leadership Conference and on BAGNC website
• Third place (1 prize): $300 cash prize along with video shown at BAGNC Leadership Conference and on BAGNC website.
Only one (1) person will receive the trip to the Leadership Conference and the cash prize for the first place video. Only one cash prize will be awarded to each second and third place video and will be sent to the person who submitted the video. If a group submits a video, it is required that the group chooses one representative and decides how to divide the prize. The winner of each prize must supply the AAN Coordinating Center with his/her legal name, mailing address, a valid e-mail address, and daytime and nighttime telephone numbers.
All taxes on prizes and all expenses related to the acceptance and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes other than the trip will be awarded in the form of checks. Prizes are non assignable. Winners may waive their right to receive a prize. Winners will be notified by e-mail, on or about October, 15th 2010. As a condition of receiving the prize, winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, release form and submit original video to AAN Coordinating Center. All components must be returned to AAN Coordinating Center within ten (10) days of notification. Failure to timely sign and return this affidavit, agreement and release may result in the applicable winner’s disqualification, forfeiture of all interest in prizes, and the selection of a substitute winner. Prizes not won and claimed by an eligible winner in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of the Sponsor.