30 Aug 10 Legitimate Ways You Can Help Harvey Victims Now!
Hurricane Harvey still shows no signs of slowing down as the floodwaters continue to rise and more and more desperate people in southeast Texas need urgent help. Currently there are several hundred thousand people in local rescue shelters and the consequences of this disaster will be felt for years to come!
So how can you help? We have compiled list of “10 Legit Organizations You Can Support Now” to do your bit-
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund Mayor Sylvester Turner has established the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund that will accept tax deductible flood relief donations for victims that have been affected by the recent floods.
- American Red Cross The American Red Cross is working around the clock along the Gulf Coast to help the thousands of people whose lives have been devastated by Tropical Storm Harvey.
- United Way of Greater Houston United Way’s first priority will be safety, shelter and basic needs, like food. Once the community is stabilized, United Way will focus on long-term recovery efforts.
- Houston Food Bank Your support helps provide meals for hungry neighbors in emergencies and throughout the year. Together, we can help people in their greatest time of need. Once all this year’s disaster relief and recovery needs have been met, any remaining donations will be used to fund ongoing hunger-relief efforts.
- Food Bank of Corpus Christi The Food Bank of Corpus Christi reduces hunger in South Texas through food distribution and nutrition education.
- South Texas Blood and Tissue Center In response to the critical need for blood throughout south and southeast Texas, the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center has extended hours at all its San Antonio-area donor rooms.
- Salvation Army As Hurricane Harvey causes widespread damage across Texas, The Salvation Army is ready to provide physical, emotional and spiritual care to survivors and relief workers. Salvation Army disaster teams from across the country are mobilizing and, even after disaster response efforts are over, The Salvation Army will remain in communities impacted by this terrible storm, supporting long-term disaster recovery efforts and providing ongoing assistance to those in need.
- AmeriCares Donate to provide emergency medicine and supplies today. Right now, Americares is in Texas, distributing water, aid and mobilizing medical outreach with our local partners.
- Catholic Charities With your gift, we can provide food, clothing, shelter and a network of support services to those dealing with the aftermath of this disaster from all walks of life and religious backgrounds.
- WorldVision is positioned and equipped to respond to disasters across the United States. Hurricane Harvey is the most recent emergency causing extreme flooding and damage through parts of Texas and World Vision is responding by partnering with churches to provide vital supplies and support.a
If you want more options to make your donation check also with the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster for a list of trusted disaster-relief organizations in Texas.
If you decide to make donations to any other organizations that are not on the list, check the Charity Navigator website to make sure the charity is trustworthy!